Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Student Choice Assignment #11

A New Commandment

1. According to John 13:34-35, the way we can show that we are disciples of the Lord is to love one another. When Jesus was on the earth, all He did was show love for the children of God. That was His example, and if we follow it humbly, we will represent Him and people will know that we are His disciples.

2. Two examples:
     - If someone is being made fun of for the way that they dress, I would tell them that I think they look great and that if they like it, that's all that matters. That would show them that I care about how they feel.
     - If I saw a new person at church, I would go sit by them during the meetings and get to know them. Who knows, they might become my best friend. This would make them feel like they are accepted into the new place that they're in, and wrapped in the arms of the Lord's love.

3. I've thought about if I treat people like a disciple of Christ would, and I think I could greatly improve in this area. I have chosen my husband to work on this with. I plan to make Garret feel the love of the Lord by asking the Lord to bless him in all of my prayers, rubbing his feet without being asked (they get pretty sore from walking all day), and saying motivational things to him everyday so that his confidence in selling will stay high. I want to do this because I love him and want to show the Lord that I love Him too and will be a disciple unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment