Saturday, May 5, 2012

Student Choice Assignment #3

1. Three apostles that I learned about in these chapters were Bartholomew, Simon, and Judas Iscariot. Bartholomew was also known as Nathanael, and had a really strong friendship with Phillip (another apostle). Simon was also called Peter, and he was like a brother to Jesus. Judas Iscariot was the only apostle who was not a Galilean.

2. Apostles are witnesses of the resurrection of Christ. They are the ones chosen and sent forth by Him to be an example to the people when He is back in Heaven. They represent the Father in Heaven.

3. The Savior's teachings in Matthew 10 definitely prepared His twelve apostles for the times ahead. He told them exactly what was going to happen to them and that it was going to be hard, but that they could do it and how they could do it. He gave them every instance that people would try to pull and if that was accepted by Him  or not.

4. In Luke 5, it talks about how Peter, James, and John answered the Lord's call. They were in distress with their fishing and the Savior asked them to fish for men instead of fish. They gave up everything right then to do as the Savior had asked. They 'forsook all and followed Him.' That would take so much faith to do that. That was probably the only job they had and you need a job to live. However, there was another, more important job for them that the Savior led them too. The Lord knows what He is doing and would never lead us astray. It may not be the way we intend, but it is the way that will bless us most if we follow it. I can apply this in my life because I have no idea what I am going to do for my career. I thought I had it all planned out, but something made me turn away from it. I don't really know where I'm going now, but I know as long as I'm being faithful and trusting the Lord always that everything will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment