Thursday, May 31, 2012

Student Choice Assignment #7

Being a Disciple of Jesus Christ

- Being a disciple of Christ means that you follow the Lord's will no matter what, be willing to give all that you have to serve others, build their soul around those things that are pleasing unto the Lord, aim for the strait gate to heaven, and that you reach out to those who need the help.
The Savior talks about counting the costs in following Him and explains how that means that we need to consider the trials and temptations we may face by following him, and remember them and how they will affect us in the long run to eternal life; To realize the worth it will have.

- One of these things that I could more effectively apply into my life is aiming for the strait gate to heaven. I try to do the things I can to serve others, but I am not very good at improving at it. I do a couple things and think I am good for a while. I know that's a horrible outlook and that's why I am choosing to apply it more in my life. I could do this by never accepting completion of service. My services are not complete until the day I die and can't do it anymore. This would make such a huge difference in my life because it would make me happier. I love helping people and seeing them benefit from it, I just need to do it more. It would make so many people's lives greater and mine.

- Ultimately, to be a disciple of Christ, you have to offer our whole soul and everything that we have to Him. We have to give ourselves completely to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment